Pelletized Poultry Fertilizer
Regular or Heat Treated
Pelletized poultry fertilizer is an organic, nutrient-rich product. It is processed onsite from hen litter using a proprietary process of dehydration and pelletization. Pelletized poultry fertilizer is in high demand by grain producers and other growers as this innovative process is beneficial for the environment and is a source of crop nutrients that will increase profits when used properly.
- Stimulates soil health and improves crop production
- Provides food for beneficial microbes to assure the proper decomposition of crop residue
- Provides organic matter, which is the governor of moisture for the soil. Organic matter holds five times its weight in water. The higher the carbon content in the soil, the less plants are stressed from heat and drought during times of temperature extremes.
- Increasing organic matter will improve soil tilth, making it more productive and easier to work.
- Raising the organic matter content will increase the holding capacity for water and nutrients on sandy soils, and reduce the loss of nutrients through leaching and run-off that causes pollution of streams, lakes, and ground water.
- Higher organic matter will loosen clay soils allowing better root penetration and improved air and water movement, which means better nutrient availability for crops.
- Independent research farms and farmers in several states show increased profits where pelleted poultry fertilizer is used.
- Easy to handle pellets
- Spreadable using lime spreading equipment
- Low odor
- Suitable for organic farming; a superior alternate to chemical fertilizers
- An excellent source of slow-release nitrogen
- Contains 80 lbs. of nitrogen per ton (95% organic nitrogen, 5% ammonium nitrogen); approximately two-thirds of organic nitrogen content is mineralized in the first year
Crumbled Pellet Features:
- Particle size similar to granular fertilizer
- Crumbles flow out of fertilizer boxes on a corn planter or can be spread with lawn fertilizer spreaders
Additional Benefits of Heat Treated Fertilizer
- Pellets are regularly sampled and tested to show no growth of E. coli, Salmonella, or Listeria.
- Certified with OMRI as a processed manure which can be applied on fruits and vegetable crops with no pre-harvest application interval required.
Contact Brian Geerlings, Fertilizer Sales Manager, Certified Crop Adviser
Office phone number: 616-642-3014
Pelletized Poultry Fertilizer Analysis
|Total||First Year Availability|
Bulk density of the pellets is approximatly 40 pounds per cubic foot.
*Source: MWP-18, "Livestock Waste Facilities Handbook
**Source: A3411, "Manure Nutrient Credit Worksheet", University of Wisconsin
Have a question about fertilizers? Contact us today.